domingo, 10 de octubre de 2010

First Lab

  So, last week I had to work on the first assignment.  At first I was terribly scared, as I haven't quite grasped the concept of programming.  When I found out we didn't actually have to write a program, just tweek it here and there and see what worked, I was very relieved.  The assignment turned out to be easier than I had anticipated.  The hardest part was actually installing Ubuntu (Wubi).  I installed it and disinstalled it a few times before realizing that to use it, I had to restart my computer and choose Ubuntu instead of Windows 7.  I was expecting to find a program inside of Windows, but I was wrong.  Anyway, the assignement really helped me to get acquainted with this new language and I learned to use Linux, which is actually pretty fun. 
  I had forgotten to mention that upon using Linux in the class a couple of weeks ago, I remembered that it wasn't the first time I had used it.  I had actually done some research work a couple of summers ago with my dad, where he worked with protein models.  I'm not sure what I worked on, as it was a long time ago and at the time I didn't understand it fully, but I remember having worked in Linux and using a terminal and commands such as cd, ls, mkdir, etc. 
   I'm beginning to realize that these skills that now seem so difficult to acquire and so extraordinary will eventually become second nature, and I'll be fluent in programming (if that's possible).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario