jueves, 23 de septiembre de 2010

First Class

  The closest I've come to computer programming is watching my high school calculus teacher create a program in a graphic calculator that would calculate the zeros of a function using the quadratic equation.  I'm not sure that counts.
   I'd heard about the zeros and the ones, but I had no idea what they meant.  Learning about bits, bytes, and the bynary number system has sparked an interest in me for programming.  Yesterday the professor explained they bynary number system (which I'd never heard of) and how every number is represented by a series of bits that can "easily" be calculated.  As a math student, I was excited to see an equation and have something to calculate. 
  I'm excited to continue learning more about this subject, yet apprehensive as I still feel pretty lost and ignorant on the subject.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario